View Single Post
Old 2019-06-25, 15:49   Link #56
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
My impression in the manga, at least, was that Heroes have more potential due to the ability to easily gain a vast array of skills, but these idiots haven't done anything beyond grind some levels and get what they perceive to be the "strongest elemental skill" (Thunder or Meteor). Without those skills, they aren't really special in any way.

Also I think there's an aspect of the Shield at play here that was vaguely hinted at way back but never really explained in the anime. Don't recall if it was explained at this point in the manga or not (honestly didn't start from the beginning, so not sure), but they explain it in the epilogue of this Wave that likely won't get animated without a season 2. I'll wait until the episode airs before going into more detail just in case, though.
Yeah the heroes are clearly wasting a lot of their potential, no doubt about that. My biggest problem is that after the Fitoria and the Pope's arc I was expecting them starting to improve, instead of falling even more behind.