View Single Post
Old 2019-06-25, 14:19   Link #54
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Also, the heroes have upgraded their classes (who knows how many times by now) while Naofumis' group haven't done it even once.
None of the heroes have upgraded their classes. They are all unrestricted on level. It's only their companions that have to go through the class upgrade, of which there is (as far as I know) only one. (Though if there is another at level 80, it wouldn't surprise me.)

And Raphtalia and Filo have gone through their class upgrade; they just didn't get what they wanted. It's evident due to them being able to go past level 40 now.

It wouldn't surprise me if Raphtalia and Filo (last known to be at levels 75 and 76, when they visited the underwater hourglass) had come close to catching up to the other hero groups, given the slowdown of XP gain after level 70, and the fact that Naofumi's party was heavily grinding, staying on the outer islands into the night, while the last we saw of the other heroes was arguing over who got control of the easy farming area. If I were to speculate, I'd probably expect them to be around level 85, and not likely higher then level 90.

That still doesn't explain the power advantage Raphtalia seems to have, although I can see how it could come about.

In Ep 2, Raphtalia's HP/MP was 117/48 at level 1, 125/52 at level 2, 133/55 at level 3. In Ep 3, Raphtalia's HP/MP was 269/214 at level 18. In Ep 22, at level 40 before the class-up, her HP/MP was 487/458, with a 225 attack and 218 magic attack.

In her first couple levels, she gained 8 hit points per level. By level 18, she had averaged 9 hit points per level, and by level 40, had averaged 9.5 hit points per level.

In her first couple levels, she gained 3.5 magic points per level. By level 18, she had averaged about 9.75 magic points per level, and by level 40 had averaged 10.5 magic points per level.

The fact that the average improved over time means the stat growth isn't fixed. It may improve by level, or it may improve based on what experiences you have each level. EG: If you focus on magic, your magic stat is likely to improve more.

Meanwhile, Itsuki's 1st level stats were similar to Raphtalia's, with 130 HP and 49 MP. As such, I'll assume we can use his attack stats in a comparable manner as well. They started at 17 attack and 13 magic attack.

Going back to Ep 22, Raphtalia had reached 225 attack and 218 magic attack at level 40. That gives a growth rate of roughly 5.25 points per level.

If we extrapolate the same growth rates for levels 40+, Raphtalia likely has something like 634 attack and 620 magic attack, since all of her stats doubled during the class-up.

The heroes, meanwhile, likely have a lower base growth per level, as they depend much more on their weapons for excessive power. Most of Naofumi's defense seems to come from mastering the various shields he unlocks, not from leveling, for example.

So! I would speculate on baseline attack to be roughly 4 points per level, if you backtrack from the higher average of 5.25 that Raphtalia peaked at. If the heroes grew at that rate for per-level improvement, then their non-weapon attack stat would be around 360 by level 85, compared to Raphtalia's 634 at level 75. Their weapons should easily overcome that difference, but if they never worked on boosting their stats from unlocking and mastering weapons, they could still be 100-150 points behind Raphtalia, despite being a higher level.

Considering that's 1/2 to 2/3 of Raphtalia's total attack at level 40, having Raphtalia outdo them in the latest Wave battle is not entirely impossible. That depends mainly on the fact that Raphtalia's class-up gave her a massive stat boost (compared to expectations for most class-ups), and the other heroes coasting on their original weapon development instead of continuing to gain more stats from mastering more weapon versions.

Whether that's what actually happened, though, I can't really say.