Thread: Elden Ring
View Single Post
Old 2019-06-22, 04:29   Link #8
Golden Lily

IGN interview with Miyazaki

Not really much in terms of new information, but I will do my best to summarize this giant:

Quote:
- he describes Elden Ring as a "natural evolution of Dark Souls", which was inevitable in true open world

- the world will be far more open (not just interconnected like in Dark Souls) and gameplay is accustomed to this kind of environment

- horse-riding confirmed; and it seems there will be some kind of horse-fu

- exploration will be different from previous games (including Sekiro)...I just hope there's a jump button

- Miyazaki said they're aiming to create open-world that would be associated with FromSoft and only them; so don't expect vibrant villages full of NPCs, but dark dungeon-like ruins

- GRRM was responsible to creating mythology of Elden Ring; Miyazaki is keeping him away from the main story as it's far more restrictive than writing books and he didn't want Martin to work with these restrictions

- story won't be linear and, well, story-driven so it seems Martin will have bigger influence here than I thought

- Miyazaki said he and GRRM were both influenced by each other during whole process (which is cool, learning from each other is always nice)

- storytelling through exploration/environmental storytelling will still be present (great, but I hope it won't be just items description)

- I guess it goes without saying, but setting will be western (at the same times, he's saying that it will have different feel than Dark Souls)

-
“Personally, a world that is happy and bright is something that just doesn’t feel realistic to me. It may sound like I have a trauma or something,” he said with a laugh, “but I believe that the world is generally a wasteland that is not kind to us. That’s just the way I see it.”
it's confirmed, everyone dies

- Elden Ring (concept, not game) is like rule or rhythm of the world
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote