View Single Post
Old 2019-06-21, 02:23   Link #31
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
For example, Isayama showed Grisha and his sister wearing armbands and living in segregated areas controlled by police in a Germanic setting. I would find it incredibly unlikely that Isayama just thought of this in a vacuum and didn't know about Jewish ghettos in Nazi Germany. I'm sure you see how much easier it is to see that this is meant to be a direct allusion as opposed to interpreting injections as a metaphor for corrupting ideas.
The injection metaphor was a outcome of some strenuous mental gymnastics, but if you ask me I thought it was a pretty clever twist.

I see your point about Eldians being allusions to the Jewish under Nazi Germany. But then I hear your other interpretation about Eldians actually being allusions to the far-right portraying themselves as victims of modern left-wing oppression, and that to me feels a lot more out there than I can accept. It's also possible that I'm touchier than normal, because I have seen people I personally know go around warning everyone to boycott AoT because of supposed Nazi-apologist messages, which I don't see, not yet.