View Single Post
Old 2019-06-20, 00:49   Link #26
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So Eren’s country are a race called Eldians. Ironically a country that is now besieged by Titans was originally the founder and user of these Titans. And apparently they practised oppression and “eugenics” but of course that was ancient history and the King’s shying away from conflict ultimately led them to be oppressed…okay, it’s kinda hard to ignore some pretty obvious far right victim complex tropes here. It’s hard to ignore how despicably evil these Marlyans are and how cruel they to the people they oppress and the Eldian’s only crime is having a dark past in ancient history is kind of laughable if it’s meant to be analogous to the Japanese who supported Nazi’s in WW2. Also kinda hard to ignore that the Eldians fled to a small island on the East...
I'm not a source reader and I don't follow Isayama news, but is there any indication other than this setting in the story that he is deliberately trying to send such a message? Just because it's possible to read between the lines to come to such a conclusion doesn't mean the author intended it to be read that way.

As an example, let's bring this interpretation to the extreme. Eldians appearing meek and powerless normally but having the potential to become powerful titans capable of ruling the world is really describing the Japanese race, alluding to how their military used to and still has the potential to be a titan of the world despite the conception that Asians are physically weaker than Whites/Blacks. However, fearing their potential, the ruthless Western outsiders have been turning the Eldian people against their own by injecting fluids (ideas, corrupting influence) into innocent civilians, causing them become mindless monsters that "eat" their own kind and preventing those seeking the sea (conquest, imperialism) from rising up again. The only way to break this cycle is to obtain the Founding Titan power held within Paradis, which represents the Japanese emperor's ability to unite the race towards one will. It is also being seeked by invaders (immigrants), whose conquest along the way has been destroying the great Walls representing the cultural heritage and traditions of the people.

Whew, isn't it fun reading between the lines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To stop anyone who witnessed Krugers actions from getting back and reporting on it? Then he go the Marleyans and claim he was the only survivor of an Eldian attack and they would be none the wiser. Or maybe he went with Grisha to the walls. I guess we'll find out later next week.
I thought the Kruger titan kinda looks like the Eren titan, with the only notable difference being the length of the hair. Same flashing green eyes and general body build. My theory is that somehow Grisha managed to transfer the Kruger titan to Eren, so I doubt Kruger will be going back.