View Single Post
Old 2019-06-18, 07:24   Link #22
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
What is the point of destroying the boat?
The Marleyan will just send more, and now they know that there is a Titan hostile to them.
I believe that Kruger's action is exactly what triggers the Marleyan's attack.
To stop anyone who witnessed Krugers actions from getting back and reporting on it? Then he go the Marleyans and claim he was the only survivor of an Eldian attack and they would be none the wiser. Or maybe he went with Grisha to the walls. I guess we'll find out later next week.

Quote:
You have to remember that the attack began with the arrival of the Colossal Titan.
Before that, life was peaceful so there was no need for them to do anything.
After that, the last king, err queen, was immediately killed off so we don't know how she would react to the attack.
Fair enough, the fact that the Marleyans were constantly sending titans over probably meant little to the royals who were safe behind the walls but it's still an act of aggression that lead to long term security problems and should've been dealt with beforehand (if possible). I doubt the wall breaches would've been as devastating as they were if there weren't a load of mindless titans doing most of the damage. The show made a point in the first episode about how Eren's country was far too reliant on the walls to defend them before the wall even got breached.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote