View Single Post
Old 2019-06-18, 06:50   Link #20
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Whatever King Fritz's reasons were for isolating most of his race from the rest of the world and brainwashing them, he must have had really good ones considering that after inheriting his memories, all of his descendants respected his will.
Oh right. For some reason it didn't click with me that Paradis Island is the same island as Eren's country. I guess I just thought that the sea was closer to the outer wall which they couldn't see from where they were. I guess that explains why the Owl attacked the boat though I'm hoping there's a good reason why didn't do that much sooner.

Quote:
The Marleyans are creating titans on Paradis island. The only people they bother are their fellow Eldians living on the island, and we know from Ymir's account that being a mindless titan is hell, so they probably see this as a fitting punishment for the "devils" who rebel against them.
Honestly my first thought in their shoes would be that in creating and sending titans to a race of people who were the original masters of such power, there's too much of a strong potential that they would be inadvertently making them stronger.

But man, these Marleyan's attack on Eldians are pretty damn coordinated. I guess I can understand why Grisha felt the need to attack the royals the way they did. This is a nation hellbent on waging war against the Eldians and have now killed his second wife and the royals aren't doing a damn thing. I really do hope the royals have damn good reason for being this inactive because its starting to look like another piece of right wing commentary divorced from reality (Japan is currently debating with itself on its pacifist philosophy).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote