View Single Post
Old 2019-06-05, 19:31   Link #18
Frontier

Raphtalia and Filo finally get their class upgrades! Unfortunately they don't get the ones they wanted since Filo's ahoge mucks things up a little, but a class upgrade is a class upgrade. Looking forward to seeing what they're capable of .

I guess even if Naofumi has a newfound affection or care for the world he lives in now that doesn't mean he still isn't focused on getting back to his own world, which is pretty realistic. Of course that still leaves the question of what happens to Raphtalia and Filo once he leaves, though he says he won't do it until he's made sure they're absolutely happy. Which for Raphtalia basically requires him putting a ring on it .

I see where Melty got her love of animals from. The queen losing her composure while geeking out over Melty riding Fitoria was a sight to behold .

Even Melty was fooled by the finality of the last episode. She has this tearful goodbye and the next minute she's already reunited with everybody .

B-Word almost poisoning Naofumi's party is a pretty glaring failure on the part of palace security and letting her run free to begin with, but I have to say the fact that she now has to suffer the indignity of being unable to lie and being called derogatory names by everyone is still cathartic justice .

Man, it's almost like we're back to square one with the Heroes. Even after everything they went through with the Pope and Naofumi clearing his name, they still can't get along or stand to be in the same room as each other for more then five minutes. Maybe they really did just get a bad batch of Heroes, or at least they're really not compatible with each other. Which is bad when the whole idea is that they need to actually work together or the world is doomed .

I also wonder if part of the importance of the Heroes working together is that they can unlock different abilities or upgrades by believing in one another or aiding each other, like how Naofumi unlocked the copy ability when he believed in them, if only a little .

Even their parties don't get along when one of Itsuki's guys gets drunk and ticks off Raphtalia by insulting her and Naofumi, leading to the classy equivalent of a bar brawl. I love how Raphtalia almost maintains her constant serene dignity while she's about to beat that dude up .

Poor blacksmith. Even after everything Naofumi and him have been through, Naofumi just comes back in and rips off all of his shields .

Naofumi seems more concerned about doing something about the treatment of Demi-Humans while observing Raphtalia's village...foreshadowing, perhaps ?

So it seems like the last arc will be the Four Heroes' adventure on that island to gain more experience, which seems less noticeable or dangerous then dealing with a Wave or the Pope stuff but it should be interesting to see what they do with it. I'm also curious to see how this L'Aarc character and his companion play into things since it seems like they're also determined to fight the Waves .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The Queen also gives Naofumi too much credit. All four of the heroes lost at the last Wave to Glass, Naofumi simply didn't die because he ran until the timer ran down.
I'd chalk that up to a win if only because he was the only hero who lasted more then a few minutes against Glass, otherwise they would have lost the Wave.