View Single Post
Old 2019-06-05, 18:36   Link #16
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Big post.
1.) If I remember right, the source materials doesn't bring it up until later volumes. This is like volume 4. It was probably just sequel bating.

2.) Myne wanted power and did what it took to get it. Melty pointed out her mother knew about that personality flaw so she removed her from the running. Shield Hero was a scapegoat in order to the Church of Three Heroes on her side and use them to deal with her mother presumably, but they were playing her like a fiddle. Remember, Melty shouldn't have been there and only came back because her mother needed someone to try to talk sense into her husband, so Myne decided to kill two birds with one stone by having her innocent sister killed by the Shield Demon and her avenging the death as an excuse to back her reputation while securing her place as the only heiress to the throne.

3.) I... honestly have no idea why she didn't have the Shadows do that. Logically speaking, this plot in its entirety shouldn't have happened, because the moment the Queen said to cut it out that would have been the end to it as her husband was the Consort. The most obvious conclusion is just the series has writing issues itself, but maybe the LN people would know.

4.) Not just the Shield Hero. She should have had Shield, Sword, and Bow sent to their respective countries if she was going to make amends. But if she did that it would be giving up some advantages as well from a political point of view, as the heroes are easily some of the best assets they have. Until they actually get into the details about what concessions she made, it's probably just an excuse.

5.) Religions don't change overnight. The fact that the Church of the Three heroes was allowed to grow that powerful (I think it's the largest religion in Melomarc) along with the other connotations means that if the Queen says to start worshipping the figure painted as a devil in their scriptures, not everyone is just going to jump.