View Single Post
Old 2019-05-29, 16:21   Link #21
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Nothing said about the slavery in the discussion with the Queen? Disappointed.

Book girl shows up (green hair with braids), being treated poorly by mustache knight (part of Itsuki's team; name: Mald). Snippet almost felt out of place in the midst of what else was going on, but I suppose she'll be relevant in the final arc, so they're doing a quick intro now.

Explanation of where Melty was due to Filo asking and Raphtalia explaining, when both of them should have known due to being present when Melty went off with the knights, so was put in solely for expository purposes, and feels a bit cheap. Also, pan shots of the crowds occasionally had several duplicate characters. Looked a bit silly, but I suppose this was an episode where it was fairly easy to save budget, since it was primarily dialog.

Itsuki's explanation to Motoyasu for Mein's absence makes me feel like Itsuki is very familiar with the types of shiny candies that can distract the spear hero. It's almost as if Ren and Itsuki have had to spend the last week or so babysitting Motoyasu, and have gotten used to the delicate touch needed to handle the nutjob.

Mr. Grey-hair, who came to collect the heroes, is one of the two assistants to the king during the opening events, and during the episode 4 duel. He's very much part of the problem, and it aggravates me that he's apparently slipping from one boss to another without any issue.

Oooooooh.... Now this is interesting. We see a first person viewpoint from someone other than the four heroes: the Queen. And the queen has her own HUD, with the text written in the Melromarc script (which I'll see about translating later, but don't expect to be different than their names). It doesn't give her level, though.

And... wow. Honestly, that would have been a great episode to end the season on, but we've still got a few more to go.