View Single Post
Old 2019-05-23, 21:09   Link #31
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I bet that marriage was purely political somehow. Personally, I think she should put him and her older daughter to the sword. They jeopardized the peace of the world in a bid to take all four heroes and then purposely tried to get one killed, on top of the daughter trying to kill her sister. Unless there's a seriously good reason there should be at least two heads rolling here by the end of the next episode.
I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it was a political marriage but we don't really have much context for their relationship or how they met. I'd feel a little bad for Melty if it's the case that there was never any kind of love or trust that went into her parents' marriage and she seems to value their relationship enough to try and make an earnest effort to avoid the queen being mad at the king.

I think the king and Malty definitely deserve some harsh punishments even if I don't think the queen is cold-blooded enough to execute her own family. The king at least had nothing to do with trying to off Melty but he did probably override the queen's wishes by summoning the four Heroes together and treating Naofumi like dirt. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Malty talked him into it. Instead of alleviating his wife's burden by protecting the kingdom, he arguably just made it worse.