View Single Post
Old 2019-05-20, 20:49   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The next episode can only be better. Let's hope this one was just an accident.

We haven't really talked about it but the Shadows were the ones that saved Ren and Itsuki and the Queen is apparently heading there with a punitive force. I hope the explanation for why she hasn't done jack until now will be rock solid. I'm still struggling to find a good one.
I'm supposing it'll come out that she's been doing what she has been specifically to unmask the traitors, since they probably wouldn't have made their move if the queen hadn't given them perceived room to maneuver. (With her being "conveniently" away from the capital all this time.) In that sense, basically the four heroes were all pawns -- she apparently even used Melty as a pawn to bring her close to Naofumi, probably knowing this would incite the church.

The questions after that are probably: 1) who all was "in" on the treachery, and 2) what happens after that. All this is going on and the waves are still a thing and Melomarc has still monopolized all the heroes. It's not the greatest time to be dealing with this degree of political unrest. (When the heroes aren't strong or united enough to save the world due to all this distraction, everyone will suffer.)

And yeah, like many, I couldn't buy the last episode because I don't really feel that sorry for Naofumi. He knew full-well that the other heroes were more ignorant victims than willful accomplices, but he still laid into them as if he were fault-free. Perhaps he felt better getting all his bitterness off his shoulders, but he just looked childish and petty. I just hope that, at some point, he'll get over his childish brooding and actually grow up. (Otherwise, he should just let the rest of his party do the talking for him. He may (arguably?) be the best of the four heroes they got, but he's not that big of a catch. In that sense, the pope isn't entirely wrong, even if he may be partly to blame for all this in the first place.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2019-05-20 at 21:19.