View Single Post
Old 2019-05-05, 22:49   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I understood that the previous heroes chose the people too, which is why the waves are still happening. Choosing the world would stop the waves but all humans would die. Choosing the people unable humans to survive but the waves keep putting the world in danger.
She didn't say that choosing the world would mean all people would die, necessarily, but that many lives would be lost.

That said, I understand now the ambiguity in the line.

過去の勇者は人々を救う道を選んで欲しいと願っていた。

Basically it's like "the wish of the past heroes was: choose the path to save the people."

But I think I get what you guys are saying (hopefully based on speculation not knowledge... ). Basically, past heroes chose the people, which would mean that there would need to be future heroes, continuing the cycle. They expected that future heroes would continue to choose to save the people indefinitely, since maybe the alternative was unimaginable to them. But Fitoria, having lived through so many endless cycles of this now, is thinking that maybe they've been making the wrong choice, and saving the world (and ending the cycle) is the better move. In other words, to get off this endless "thorny road" they've been on forever. It would indeed fit her status of someone who's lived for so long and is tired of it all. (Which, along appointing her successor, is a major death flag...)

Of course, all this is leading to the possibility that there might actually be a third path somehow -- something the other heroes never considered because they were so focused on whatever decision they made without having lived through the consequences over many cycles. And considering the Melomarc's corruption at this point, perhaps a different path is needed this time.