View Single Post
Old 2019-04-24, 15:49   Link #15
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Only if it's several hundred years per generation. That's how long Fitoria says she's been alive. Sounds like it's moderately uncommon for this to happen.

Even if it does happen semi-regularly, it only means that the heroes raise a queen filorial candidate. Fitoria herself has been the queen for hundreds of years. The episode made a point of that, in that she's not merely carrying on the name (with the queen being replaced periodically), but is the actual one from history.
The current turkey queen was raised by a hero, the current queen is several hundred years old.

Nao specifically asked why Filo grew the way she did, the queen said it's because she's being raised by a hero. Using this logic I assume a turkey queen candidate is something rare and that one of the conditions to be considered a candidate is for a turkey to be raised by a hero.

Of course, it's entirely possible that candidates naturally arise without hero intervention, we don't have enough info on that I guess.

Quote:
Remember that they get teleported to the Wave by the hourglass. Also remember that Naofumi didn't get the timer to the next Wave until he visited the hourglass for the first time. My guess is that you have to 'register' at each hourglass in order for it to be able to send you to the Waves that happen in the country it's located in.

Thus each hero needs to register with each hourglass so that he can be summoned by that hourglass into that country when needed. So all the heroes can still fight together in each Wave, but between Waves they can individually work on fixing problems within each country.
Ooh, so everything's thrown out of balance because this kingdom has a monopoly on the 4 heroes? No wonder they're so underpowered, they're not grinding and levelling up on the other waves that happen on other countries, which may not necessarily happen at the same time there's a wave in Melromarc!

Thanks for this! I understand it now!

Quote:
If Fitoria is strong enough to handle Waves on her own, and she's traveling around taking care of the ones that the heroes aren't getting to, then that type of rumor wouldn't spread as you suggest.
People talk, there might be a few or no casualties because of the turkey queen, but the fact that a wave occurred can't be hidden from everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
If she said that they need to summon new heroes if the current ones can't work together to go against the waves as a group like they should be, then she's saying it because she can probably do it.
I don't have enough info yet to know whether this can be done, it's possible, but not yet sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was explained that the summoning can only be done once ALL four heroes are dead.
Looks like I wasn't paying attention enough since this is the first time I've seen this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Furthermore, the country's problem isn't that Naofumi is a bad Shield Hero. Their problem is that Naofumi is the Shield Hero.
The entire point was to humiliate the shield hero and make him useless, it doesn't matter what the actual person is like, just that the shield hero lives up to his supposed reputation of being ignorant and useless. But Naofumi's not acting like how the shield hero is supposed to be, according to the king, so I thought it would make sense to kill him and get another shield hero who's more breakable.

BUT as Kanon said you need to get rid of all 4 to get a new set, so that's not going to happen, and my thoughts on the matter are wrong.