View Single Post
Old 2019-04-24, 13:31   Link #10
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

WHY'D I EVEN HAVE TO FEED THIS KFC FARM? Whoever subbed this episode was having a lot of fun with the translations

Also, that one big turkey! The previous shield hero didn't raise her probably, but looks like there's one hero in every generation that ends up with a pet turkey who then becomes the queen turkey eventually.

Finally, some answers! I like this episode, they've just resolved that question of why they're trying very hard to keep Nao inside that country's borders.

The queen hasn't been confirmed to be in another country so that's still up in the air.

The previous heroes were confirmed to be around "centuries ago", so that confirms that stories were handed down about them, and most of the unacceptable stuff were locked away in a vault by the church, much like how a certain real life religion convened a council centuries ago to establish what is and isn't canon about their faith

As for the turkey queen's statement that the heroes should be cooperating with each other instead of infighting, the premise was that the weapons were supposed to repel each other, (I remember this from ep1) looks like that was false as well.

But then again, there's those stuff that I got confused about (again!)

I've always wondered why this particular country's the only one who summoned the heroes, but I thought that was because the wave happened only to this country in particular and that the rest of the world wasn't experiencing this problem.

As the turkey queen revealed this week, the summoning of the heroes was supposed to be 1 for each country, so that they could deal with the waves in other areas as well, she also told us that the heroes were supposed to work together, not fight each other or else she'll just kill them because they're useless, that's ... odd:

1. Why try to lessen your fighting force by killing the quarreling heroes? I thought she said she knew she wouldn't have the strength to fight eventually, so what would killing the heroes who doesn't get along with each other accomplish? They may not like each other, but at least they're still fighting the waves!

She specifically said that the heroes are fighting among themselves instead of fighting the waves, this isn't true! They've fought for 2 waves now!

2. If the heroes were supposed to be summoned per country as the turkey queen said, then what's the purpose of cooperating with each other when they're supposed to be far apart? Why is it a non-negotiable thing for the turkey queen for the heroes to get along with each other when in the ideal scenario they wouldn't even be in the same country??

If we're to answer this by saying that the turkey queen was under the impression that they were not fighting the wave but rather each other, then it kind of makes sense, but again, the turkey queen's statement that the heroes not fighting the waves is definitely not true, they just didn't know that the waves are appearing in other areas as well.

3. How come that if the waves are happening all over the world, this is the first time we've heard about it? I don't think the king is powerful enough to prevent the rumors of casualties from waves in other countries from spreading in the capital, and I'm sure Agil would've told the shield hero that as well since the 4 heroes weren't even around when the first wave hit!

The entire kingdom can't be under the impression that the waves only happen inside their borders, especially those refugees from the other kingdoms shown earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
How is that fair? Use logic.

The situation here is not about saving 4 irrelevant lifes while millions can die thanks to the waves, Fitoria is very old and she saw countless fights before, even Naofumi understood that. This whole situation is about survival and if the current heroes refuse to work together and use their whole potential to stop the waves then the only option is to get rid of them and summon 4 more that can get the job done.
This only works if the turkey queen can summon another set of heroes herself. There's this idea that the ritual to summon heroes isn't as simple as killing the summoned ones when you don't like them and then get another set, if it was then Naofumi would've been dead long ago by being a competent shield hero.

EDIT: I've just realized why they can't easily replace the heroes, or why not just kill Naofumi and get another shield hero, that's because other countries might beat them to it!

Last edited by frodonk; 2019-04-24 at 13:46.