View Single Post
Old 2019-04-24, 11:54   Link #8
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
So then Fitoria says, "Oh they won't work with you then? Fine, I'll kill you all." Well that's hardly fair now is it? Nafoumi getting killed because the other three are being asshats. Well maybe we'll get a more in depth explanation next week.
Nope. She's saying that not only because the other three are being asshats, but because Naofumi himself has given up on even trying. It seemed that Naofumi's unwillingness to even try was the final nail in the coffin.

Anyway...

Melty: I feel too guilty to eat.

Naofumi: Same here. <continues eating>

Also: Dragon tail soup. Feels like a play on Tohru's meals (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid).

Learned a lot from Fitoria. She was summoned several hundred years ago, and guards the ruins of a civilization that the very first heroes defended, but was already fallen by the time she was born. So the hero legacy goes back a very long time. Still not sure how frequently these events happen, though.

Speaking of which, that's a very interesting archive that Ren and Itsuki found. And they're acknowledging that Naofumi was right. And of course Mein is following them, somehow, and is on the side of trying to keep the heroes from finding out the truth. Of course.

Though this does have implications about Mein's behavior towards Naofumi. There's been multiple layers of reasons for her behavior, but this seems to suggest she's part of a conspiracy to deliberately prevent the heroes from saving the world. It's really twisted, and I still can't see the end game goal that would cause someone to choose this route.

And, while it may seem that Mein has focused solely on Naofumi and Motoyasu, I'm reminded of the "guild" offering jobs to Ren and Itsuki. I was wondering a while back why such a guild would send Itsuki to depose a king of a foreign kingdom, but now it feels like it was a deliberate attempt to keep them controlled and focused away from asking uncomfortable questions. Like Mein is only in charge of managing Motoyasu and Naofumi, while Ren and Itsuki are managed by another party.