View Single Post
Old 2019-04-18, 21:37   Link #35
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
At first she was fine attacking balloons, but hesitated at killing a warm blooded actual anime.

is this the first time she's confronted about killing a human that's at her mercy though?
I forgot about that. Yeah, Raphtalia doesn't like to kill, particularly when it's a living being. It's reasonable to expect that it's far more of a problem when dealing with actual people, vs animals or just monsters (though she has become accustomed to both, as seen with the silverback boar). She has never actually killed a human (or demi-human).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Many people are treating like Raphtalia forgave Idol for all the cruel things he did to her and her people, like she would let him go free. I don't think that's the case.

She said he would pay for all his crimes. And remember, not only he tortured and killed many innocent demihumans - something the queen of Melromarc don't see with good eyes, but he also has beaten a fellow noble and - worst of all - has threaten and tried to kill Melty, the 2nd princess and future queen of the country, someone even his former comrade the king loves dearly.

There's no way he would keep his head on his neck for this ofense. Raphtalia and probably he too knew this.
And this even more so. When you consider it, Idol's entire life just crumbled at that moment. Someone like him undoubtedly has plenty of enemies among the nobility who will be happy to throw him under the bus (with Reichnott being first in line). Add to that the threats against Melty, and the Queen will probably happily drop him into a wood chipper. Essentially, there's a ton of people that would want a piece of him, and that fact alone means that Raphtalia killing him right then would be almost merciful. She has won overwhelmingly at that point, without any further effort.

I still wish she had a better line to say, though.