View Single Post
Old 2019-04-18, 10:28   Link #302
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

I like how you're all arguing about the semantics of how the seasons were organised in what's a very obvious show of pure incompetence in terms of production.

The bottom line, at the end of the day, is the following: they rushed Index III into the ground in order to adapt New Testament (considering how its sales are dropping by the volume), except now they're realising that if people don't buy the DVD/BDs and it performs poorly, then they're not getting their NT material anyway and they're basically run a series into the ground for nothing.

And it shouldn't be surprising given that, even if you remove the adaptation aspect, of which I never truly cared for (I'm a firm believer that a good anime isn't necessarily a good adaptation of its source material), this was just terrible altogether to watch all in terms of animation, pacing, organisation, plot comprehension, and entertainment... You people talk about cutting out OPs and EDs to show more of the episodes but that's ludicrous. The basis of competent storytelling is to be able to tell your story within your allocated timeframe and not have to scrape by a minute here and a minute there.

I'll have to agree on the whole "you wanted it and now you complain you got it" aspect of it, Chosen_Hero. Though none of you are strangers to my typical "I told you this would happen", anyway.