View Single Post
Old 2019-04-18, 05:35   Link #21
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yeah, I am not a fan of this episode. I have already read the manga version of this episode long ago and already knew what this episode contained, but the thing that I disliked the most is how hard this episode is trying to sell Raphtalia as the perfect waifu.

Not only is she sooo good that she as a kid (she still is one no matter how she looks) was the one to try and rally her village (because on anime land adults never now how to do anything), but apparently she is also above getting revenge on a piece of shit that deserves it (this is without mentioning how they keep making her backstory even more bleak the more they show of it to make us care about her. We get it, she had it bad, no need to over do it).
Same here, but I didn't read the manga. I did not dislike it, but certainly the part where she stood up making that speech for to her village was a bit eye-rolling. Also her magnanimity toward her and her friends torturer felt forced. Surely I assumed the story told in the episode was just bits, removed from most of the brutality. So for Raphtalia's feeling to kill him would have been natural and very very difficult to die out.

On the other hand the episode helped Melty to have a deeper look into her country, the country she is supposed to reign in the future. If she was kinda reluctant before, now I think she got hit hard to make her grow up and see what the real state of her country.

BTW, the other countries are of demi-humans, so why in the hell demi-humans keeps living in this country. On the other hand they could build their own village. It' like their condition was not so oppressed before the waves. This is a bit confusing.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.