View Single Post
Old 2019-04-12, 21:25   Link #31
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I was basing how I expected Melty to react on what Nao did when he learned about what Myne's accusation. I guess Nao really is the only emo kid in all this and Melty handled her sister's betrayal better than Nao did.
Gotta bear in mind that she's had a decade to get used to her sister's nature. To Naofumi she was a complete stranger and the first and only person to treat him warmly, and then suddenly turned into a monster who'd throw the most heinous accusations at him just to get a little extra money and a little more favor with the popular Spear, so this was a huge shock. To Melty she was a selfish, shortsighted sociopath who resents being replaced as heir to the throne who finally decided to go ahead and get rid of her. It goes down a whole lot easier when you already know the person you're dealing with eats live puppy hearts for dessert.

And as far as the peasants' ability to come straight up to his castle, as Maximilian mentioned, it's a matter of how castles work. Generally speaking in feudal societies nobles don't have huge armies watching the entirety of their territory at all times. The vast majority of his military would likely either be in the castle itself or abroad serving the king or overlord. A sizable and well-organized army would be reported fairly quickly but not a moderate-sized band of commoners with pitchforks, and either way they'd most likely defend themselves from the well-fortified castle rather than risk men's lives in open battle.