View Single Post
Old 2019-04-12, 06:57   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, this might actually rival the Hoshin Engi reboot as one of the most rushed "franchise comebacks" in the last decade. After watching this, I suddenly don't feel bad about other franchise revivals that's considered "not up to standard of the franchise during its prime" like CCS: Clear Card, FMP IV, D.Gray-man Hallow, Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen, and Hunter x Hunter 2011's Hunter Exam to York Shin saga (where the 1999 anime arguably did them better). They were notably better sequels than Index III anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, Railgun S happened, and it was awesome, improving on the Sisters Arc tremendously.
And that's considering we didn't like Nagai.
Considering that Nagai's directorial discography before this anime is ranging from "fun" (eg. Railgun, Xenoglossia) to "great" (eg. Anohana, IBO, Toradora!), I suspect something made him "not into it" in this case. Could it be that he didn't jive with the Index-side of the story? Is it scheduling problem? Is it resources problems? Not enough time & budget?

Could be a combination of those. I suddenly remember Xebec's not-great adaptation of FMP IV before the company folded and then absorbed by Sunrise shortly after the anime's airing. That kinda tells you how bad the situation was when they were making FMP IV. Maybe the situation in JC Staff at the time was not very good, or they simply don't care.