View Single Post
Old 2019-04-04, 23:34   Link #32
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's the third time actually (the first two being her betrayal at the beginning, and then the whole thing with Raphtalia). There were also minor incidents besides those two, like the race, and Motoyasu fighting Naofumi inside the city for Filo with her backing.

But what I find really boring is that it's always Myne behind those incidents. Myne's entire character seems to revolve around making Naofumi miserable, and that makes her boring. Even the succession issue seems secondary to this. If someone else had been responsible for the current conspiracy, my views would probably be different. Yes, I know the church is involved, but it's obvious Myne is the one pulling everybody's strings.
This. It also doesn't help that we still don't know why she's so antagonistic against the Shield Hero. Even if someone says religious fanaticism that doesn't explain why the church then is at odds with the Shield Hero as well. As such, everything she does seems childish and heavy handed, and she comes off one dimensional.