View Single Post
Old 2019-04-04, 23:20   Link #67
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare007 View Post
Sorry to disagree, but itÂ’s not like I expect Cid to be like any of those protagonists. ItÂ’s just with him literally killing people and making his organization from the people he saved, wouldnÂ’t that already be enough to make anyone take some measure of responsibility. And letÂ’s not forget, heÂ’s OP as OP can be.
in the first chapter, they throw out he is a stupid and lost with reality. Cid is a Chuunibyou to the extreme, He hasn't realize himself that everything he has done is causing the the world to shape and creating effects.
Why would you expect him to take any responsibility for something he doesn't understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
There are reason why some reader doesn't like Cid (me include). Cid is Chuunibyou (a kid who doesn't want to grow up from his fantasy world), he never try to face reality or understand people around him, even the people who genuine care for him. For Cid, everything is just a game for him.

Yes i admit that his chuunibyou is laughable at first but it's getting tiresome later. No character growth is my only problem with this kind of MC.
i can understand your problem with his Chuunibyou being sometimes annoy even to me as well at times.
most of my fun comes from the people around Sid and what they believe is happening.

character growth is great in stories as well but so many stories have some type of character growth, it is nice change of pace to read something that doesn't take itself serious while still having fun characters with a MC who is different from most normal MC we read about.

Last edited by zerodragon; 2019-04-04 at 23:56.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote