View Single Post
Old 2019-04-04, 13:00   Link #30
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I can think of three possible reasons:
-Naofumi could very well think that Melty isn't the most reliable source when it comes to her parents, since she was convinced her farhercwas a really nice guy that did nothing wrong, so Naofumi could be still not be 100% sure the queen will be an ally;
This might be true considering his distrust of the royal family, but all he had to do was dump melty with her mother once they see her, much like how he interacts with the king when he's summoned, he doesn't stay long, does what's needed to do then leaves.

Unless of course, Naofumi has made up his mind to include Melty in his party right after he told her he'd protect him, that's why they're still running away to another country even if he could've left Melty with the queen (in theory anyway)

Quote:
-the queen might help him but ask for something in return;
Again probably because he distrusts the royal family, but all this time he'd never done things without a reward, so running away from the queen because she might ask for something in return is somewhat uncharacteristic for him.

Quote:
-looks like the queen cannot really help him until she comes back or else I think she would already took action. Even if she gives him some written orders, Myne could simply accuse him of having forged them and everybody would believe her.
Ooh something that I've forgotten about, all that was said about this is that the queen cannot leave her current location, we don't know why.

It's possible that he had considered her help but so far the queen hasn't directly helped him yet (aside from sending Melty, maybe) so why go to where the queen is when nothing might happen once they're there?

Yep I kind of get why going to the queen never crossed his mind when trying to find a place to run away to.