View Single Post
Old 2019-04-04, 01:42   Link #49
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Can someone explain to me how some foreshadowing automatically means second season? I really don't get it. It's not like it would be the first time an adaptation ended on an inconclusive note. Re:Zero hinted at future things all the time and it's only getting a new season just now. And lets not forget about NGNL with its ending.

Also I don't think anyone mentioned his sister. Just that the king has some backstory involving "his family".

Anyway, I knew the anime was going to end some time after the fight with Scythe Bro since... before Melty was introduced. It's simple mathematics. At the pace they're going, adapting the tortoise arc is physically impossible. They'd need 2-4 episodes for the second fight alone. So the only place they could end is right before that.

Anyway, slight disagree that the changes "weren't important". They were really huge changes. The anime made it seem like literally everyone in the country are dicks and there's literally nobody left who still believes in him.

The LN had scenes with the soldiers from the third wave, and the villagers from the other country that he helped (including letting us know that the seeds he gave them actually are helping solve the famine problem). It also showed the shadows' ability to perfectly disguise themselves. They also elaborated on the fact that not all shadows are allies to the queen. The LN also had Filo's gloves transforming into claws, and the fight in general was much longer. The LN also had Naofumi's shield accessory transform into a spherical barrier instead of causing some kind of explosion. The fight itself took place on an open field rather than a tight canyon. The fight was also much longer with much more stuff happening, such as Bitch actually getting her hands on Melty. Bitch never openly said anything about killing her in the LN, and Ren had to be convinced by Naofumi's words rather than have Ren call out "are you trying to kill her?" of his own accord.

There's just too much here for me to say "hey, this was a great adaptation". A lot of characterization is quite lost.

They didn't even do Naofumi's interrogation of the soldier justice.

"Skipped content" could make an entire video on just this episode, whereas most of their videos cover multiple episodes.

Last edited by Dengar; 2019-04-04 at 02:03.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote