View Single Post
Old 2019-04-03, 13:39   Link #2126
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
DxD is literally the power of his new body being unlocked by Ophis. Who explicitly says Issei's finally reached a point he can use it in the Rizeviem fight. It's a power he received because of his actions, as opposed to something he got for being born special like Vali or Cao Cao.

Except we didn't see it so according to you it doesnt matter, since it didnt have any permanent negative consequences.

And if you think that's silly, that's the point, I'm mocking the ridiculousness of your argument about the Amirita.

Triana was the result of Issei conversing with the previous hosts, unlocking his potential. DxD is as stated the direct result of his death and rebirth through Ophis and GR. PDxD is literally a reduced DxD, it's a nerf not a power-up. The Amirita nearly killed him and by enduring it he earned the boost.

Lol what. God's seal on Ddraig has been mentioned to be unlocking several times as they developed, which is why things like Penetrate and the super flames became available.

Issei survived Amirita by sheer force of will. He endured it and thus recieved the benefits. This line of reasoning is so nonsensical it basically invalidates all training and hard work in the entire series if taken at face value.
She never said such a thing. About the closest she said to something like that is that Issei is now "satisfied". Not even that he satisfied a condition, which would have been fine, but that he himself is "satisfied". And it's not even explained.

Regarding Rias Balor form. I don't have a problem at all with people developing techniques offscreen, so long as it's made clear that they actually had to work toward them. And I also never asked for permanent negative consequences provided they actually work for their abilities. It's only when they get handouts that I think they should at least have a permanent or repeated negative consequence for its usage.

You're wrong about Triana. Issei conversing with the past host resulted in him getting CxC. Prior to having CxC the past host didn't even respond to him when he had Triana.

Regarding Amrita, such a thing was never stated, lmao. It was never implied, hinted or stated that Issei survived Amrita due to his force of will. Risk alone does not warrant a reward, it's action that warrants a reward. And Issei literally did not perform any actions to survive Amrita. He didn't even know it could damage him, let alone have a risk of death. If Issei explicitly knew Amrita had a high risk of killing him and yet he decided to brave it out and still drink it to get his additional power, then that would have been ok even if not perfect. However, that's not what happened.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote