View Single Post
Old 2019-02-02, 19:36   Link #48
HirouKeimou

If they do add any of the corrupt NUNS agents, they'll likely be side villains to a new main threat; similar to how they did in Frontier with the Vajra being secondary to Galaxy. Personally, I kind of hope they don't do this because it would basically copy Frontier in this regard.

Regardless of if anyone cares for opinions anymore, especially in this fandom, I'll give my opinion: I'd really like it if the movie could focus on the Windermere war itself. Or, if possible, tie in the relation of Walkure and said war (a.k.a. why Walkure is created in the first place, an origin story of the brand). And I don't mean all the individual stories of the girls like we received already; I mean the origin of the organization itself and its purpose. (Don't really care if it explains Lady M during this... after all, it's obvious that's a troll plot at this point.)

However, since it'll be called a sequel, the likelihood of the above opinion will likely not even feature a roll in the film. So if I go off canon here for a secondary option: I'd really this new movie to fill in any plot holes from the original anime. Of course, this means focusing on Hayate and his father, sadly (even if everyone is sick of the plotline, it does still play an important role in the movies, albeit not as obvious). This plot hole and likely one other which is about Mikumo should be fixed and all would be fine in the story.

Unlike a lot of critics of the series, I don't see loads of issues in Delta's overall story. It's not as rich as Frontier, certainly; however, it's not bad. Hell, loads of people literally dropped Darling in the Franxx because of its second half (or its last like 5 episodes), but it's not a bad series; only badly executed for its second act. And let's be real, no Macross will be like the last in terms of execution or characters; only a direct sequel could follow an act like Frontier or DYRL...

My only hope is the fandom will stop telling people who like Delta that it's garbage or something and they are stupid for liking it (or along those lines) because it's seriously been souring my experience in Macross and I don't believe I'm the only one in this regard...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote