View Single Post
Old 2019-02-02, 08:26   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How about just adding a [No Spoilers] The Slave Seal (Anime-only; only mention it here) topic?

I think it's obvious to everyone by now there's three sides to anything related to it:
  • there's the people that get sick hearing about a device that enslaves someone used in some "righteous" contextualization and the justifications that go with it
  • then there's the other side who think it's perfectly fine and don't like the negativity thrown at it
    Spoiler:
  • and finally everyone else, who gets caught in the middle

How about just banishing it to said topic? Be it praise, complaints, analysis, side comments or whatever else (outside of straight spoilers), so long as it touches on the slave seal it probably be in everyone's best interest if it was just not in the episode threads. Reason for making it no-spoiler topic is because it's very unfair to everyone watching the anime to have to "get spoiled" to talk about it. We've already heard plenty of "It's totally justified, trust me" in the previous thread (with people who also read it coming in and denying it's justified too).

Spoiler discussion can just go in the source material threads just fine IMO.

-

It's very unfortunate but even after reaching some compromise on one topic related to it, another just popups up it seems. If this is something that will continue while the show is airing I think it would be more fun to everyone to have it split from normal discussion.