View Single Post
Old 2019-01-30, 05:56   Link #9
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Tomino's reaction to the upcoming Hathaway's Flash movie trilogy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Mobile Suit Gundam creator and author of the Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash novels Yoshiyuki Tomino shared an official comment regarding the recent announcement that the books are being adapted into a film trilogy.

"30 years after I wrote those novels, they are finally being adapted into film. As the author, I am so happy," he said.

Tomino noted that the theme of the novels is "What decisions are necessary for modern society?" Because so much time had elapsed since their original publication, he read his work again and found himself surprised. "The real world hasn't progressed, and may even have regressed. Because of all the Gundam fans who gave this story the chance to reemerge, its themes can pierce through society today."

Tomino expressed his wish that the hopeful message in the series can be passed to the next generation, who will pioneer the future. He mused that perhaps the fans who have grown up with Gundam are aware that they were unable to break through the regression and feeling of hopelessness in the real world, and so are passing the baton.

"The production staff are getting younger, and the viewers who take in their work are even younger than that. I believe that this young generation will one day pave the way for a reformation of humanity - for Newtypes," he concluded.
I gotta say, it's nice that he's being overall positive about this project. It kinda surprised me tbh.