View Single Post
Old 2019-01-07, 20:59   Link #95
Twi

Oh no. I know those reasons. I'm just not bringing them up because I'm working from the perspective of someone who is watching the first time that, based on what we know so far, it's not logical. The king himself said that throwing him in a jail cell was a waste (there's other reasons as well they can't but again, first-time perspective), but you may as well have considering they knew that he wouldn't be able to partner with anyone after that got out. A real diplomat would have handled the matter quietly so they didn't harm the spirit of the people by having them believe that one of the legendary heroes they summoned was a rapist. And if Naofumi had been a real rapist, the fact that they just set him loose to run around the countryside without a guard on each arm is another problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
What guarantees? I'd worry about all 4 being killed after their job is done if I were them.
I would be looking for an exit strategy already consider the king didn't bring up the fact that they could only go home when the waves were done until that false rape accusation. At this point they've basically got no choice, and if he lied once he can do it again. So they're less heroes and more hostages that don't know they're hostages.