View Single Post
Old 2019-01-07, 19:03   Link #88
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Uh no. Seriously you think the guy's looking to screw a little girl? It's not some sort of hypocritical "pretending I'm not interested in her that way", it's literally a guy who wants a sword and can't afford anything but the bottom of the barrel (remember he's broke except for the scant pickings he can find on his own). Why is it so hard to believe that a hero could choose to keep a girl around without wanting to do her? Even when she's like half his age?
You should know, that even in the echii novels, the gimmick is always the guy plays goody goody and lets the girl "naturally" fall for him. Unless the protagonist is a literal anti-hero.

Also she is not the cheapest. I checked just to confirm but everyone in the part of the tent he went to are classified as "the cheapest I have to offer" so it makes no difference. However this seems to have been made more ambiguous in the anime. Everyone except the girl is made more monstrous and the line "I would prefer a male" is removed.

Well whatever the case, like I said originally, my problem is that keeping the slave status effectively reduces them to sock puppets that occasionally enact various fanservice tropes. I don't really care how holy the hero is or if he goes completely dark, I just find this middle ground series wuss into to be cheap storytelling and plot. There's not much substance to it.

Even if it's as you say, whats their relationship and potential there? Slave & Master? Good guy and lewd girl who has romantic feelings that she cant tell her master? Tool? None of these are very interesting.