View Single Post
Old 2019-01-07, 17:16   Link #79
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Second while I have heard of maybe two or three series with slaves (not tons, more without than with actually), what series are you talking about where the hero "raises" impressionable young girls? Seriously, I've not seen any of this at all and I'm curious; feel free to PM me a list. I'm not "into" that sort of thing but it feels weird hearing people talk of "common clichés" that I haven't seen, especially when it's in a genre I've read so much of.
It may be I'm mixing novels with series in my head, but off the top of my head: from last year How not to summon a demon lord and Death March are literally slave harems. In goblin slayer the priestess is "raised" by the goblin slayer character, and the globins "raise" slave girls to reproduce (typically heroes), but I have no problem with the narative, it's solid regardless if people feel it's too edgy. In SOA I believe they have a "daughter" ingame at some point. In conception anime pretty sure it's a slave harem from what little I watched. Completely forgot what the smart phone one was even about. Overlord the main character literally just programs the females to be his slaves in episode 1.

Counter examples: Re:Zero (even tho I hate it) the main character doesn't really have any harem; the show does have contracted girls (the house loli, rem and ram) but they don't belong to main character so guess they doesnt count. Think restaurant in another world doesn't count... probably. Gate doesn't count probably. And pretty sure none of this crap is in Log Horizon if I remember right.

Hm. Maybe you're right and it's not very common in anime, or at least wasnt until last year when we got a lot of them.