View Single Post
Old 2019-01-06, 17:21   Link #58
Applehell

Was okay first episode I guess. Aside from protagonist being tank nothing about story or setting stands out. It more or less your basic isekai game themed world now with event raids. Even if the matriarchy, the King is still the first higher official of any relevance for majority of earlier arc anyway. The technical stuff such as art animation is pretty good and very consistent. BGM is also quite pleasant.

As for more controversial stuff, the false rape accusation on it's own wouldn't be a real issue on if weren't leading to try justify MC's terrible actions later or making generalization about whole groups of people because of what one person and a bunch assholes did. Because everyone outside his immediate party is worse than him or ignorant so he's right by default. Setup allows everything to feed into his worldview and without him getting called out on some of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Anyone else read the manga/novels and that being the reason why you're holding off on watching this? I vaguely remember the earlier parts of this made me feel like shit. It got better eventually, but that vague memory of nope is making me hesitant to watch it until a bit later, maybe even binging it when it's finished or something.
I have and the early parts are definitely the worst of story from what I remembered. It does get marginally better, but not to point where if you don't like the early your mind will change later. The main reason to follow this honestly for protaginst being a tank and his revenge fantasy. I personally have the former to lose its novelty early on since in reality he stops being much of a defense only hero and the later is really all the story has. There is fair bit interesting history about Shield Hero, but its overshadowed by revenge and nearly everyone being a dick to him. I lost interest halfway in so I have no idea it really changes significantly in the later arcs.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-01-06 at 18:45.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote