View Single Post
Old 2019-01-06, 16:23   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think the only thing for me is how crazy fast the MC goes into the dark. But who am I to judge when I haven't been teleported to another world, kicked around for having a shield, and being framed for rape. Maybe a person really would go from being fairly reasonable to not being willing to trust a single soul.

Also...do none of these people have games with tank characters? Did they manage to pluck people from different versions of Japan that just never figured out how a person who can take a hit is valuable to a fighting force? Who does the archer guy think is going to keep the front lines busy so he can fire at the enemy safely?

But yeah, we're heading for slavery territory here. In part I get how someone who can't trust anyone and is rejected by most people would turn to a slave force. But it also shows his weakness that he can only fight with someone who he has a curse power to control. The society is bad for being so human-centric that they are enslaving other sentient races, but the MC isn't so great either for being apparently willing to take advantage.

Regardless, it was still a good start. You got into the world, saw the real messed up nature of this whole place, and dropped the MC to what is likely his status quo position of being really angry and distrustful. So now the show can just pick up from here and see him...well rise up from the bottom he's sinking down to.