View Single Post
Old 2018-12-16, 14:12   Link #74
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
We're not going to see much of a lot of the other teams in action unless they fight either Issei's, Rias', or Vali's teams. For example if Shooting Star wins against Sairaorg and then goes to face Indra or Mahabali next and they defeat him, you really wouldn't see much of him.

I just wonder how you say Indra has been too hyped up in the story to lose his match against Mahabali. But then you say certain teams will win because we haven't seen much of them. Well we haven't seen much of Mahabali. And besides Indra being one of the Top 10 and being really hyped up as the most favored to win the tournament could be used to have him losing to Mahabali. Plus didn't Ishibumi say he wanted to focus on the young gods a bit and wouldn't Mahabali count as a young god?

Diehauser never had an arc. If you're talking about his involvement with Qlippoth, that wasn't really anything except an jntroduction. I really can't imagine Diehauser losing against Zeno though even with two Super Devils on the team.

With Cao Cao meeting Vali in the semifinals, I.just don't see it. They have already fought each other before and I don't believe Ishibumi will have him face opponents he already has fought before in the quarterfinals and semifinals.

With Ruval vs Typhon, I see them losing again to someone with the blood of Phenex.

With Dulio vs Tobio, I thought the same thing at first. Then I remembered something. Back in Volume 11, when Dulio was first mentioned by name, it was mentioned that Dulio was at the top of Vali's 'want-to-fight' list. And besides the fact that Tobio has his own series seems to me the reason why he shouldn't win. I don't think Tobio should really get a whole lot of attention in DxD because he has his attention as the MC in his own series, Slash Dog. And I just don't see a fight happening between them considering it has already happened. And also if Dulio lost while having Rudiger as his supervisor, it would be kind of disappointing. It just seems more interesting if Vali had to overcome the 2nd most powerful Longinus, a team of Brave Saints(who have both the advantages of their cards and the evil pieces due to the tournament, and having Rudiger as Dulio's supervisor. It seems more likely Vali would have to overcome all of that instead of Vali facing someone he has already fought before. I just see this one going to Dulio.

I agree with you about Vali winning against Sun Wukong. And I agree about Vali not losing to anyone unless It's Issei. But only in an individual fight sense,.not necessarily when it comes to a Rating Game.

In my view, I don't see both Issei and Vali making it to the semifinals.

I expect some major upsets out of those 8 matches. Especially Indra vs Mahabali, Diehauser vs Zeno, and Ruval vs Typhon.

But I can see Ishibumi covering two of the matches in the quarterfinals like in a DX volume.
Diehauser did have his arc with the Qlippoth. His introduction against Riser's team at the end of volume 18. His motivation of exposing the King Piece as well as avenging his cousin's death and we saw how strong he was when he was dominating Issei in volume 20. Furthermore we got some of his backstory about how he helped his family who suffered financially due to the constant wars. At this point we already know enough about Diehauser and his character doesn't need to be flushed out anymore than it already is. His story has come to an end. Volume 25 just showcases why he's the champion by defeating even God teams.

I see no reason why he needs to stay in the tournament. The new Super Devils are the main focus now since they are still a mystery.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote