View Single Post
Old 2006-07-28, 04:55   Link #55
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku
Well after what just happened in episode 16 with Shion pretending to be Mion (in the school), you'd think they wouldn't be as good friends. If one of my friends did that to me, I don't think we'd be friends again....
I probably am not the best person to respond to this.., since after all I did not play the game and alot of things still puzzle me.., however.., my take on this aspect is as follows..

Satoko had Always been dependant on Satoshi as we could see.., at the mere minor incident she would cry out for her Nii-nii in an instant.., so in a way Shion's prespective regarding Satoko "taking the life away" from Satoshi was somewhat true..; altough this is also due to Satoko's aunt's constant abuse, which Satoshi always toke to protect Satoko.

In the end.., after Satoshi "transfered", and Satoko's aunt was murdered, she ended up beeing all alone, this despite living with Rika..., I ment "alone" as in she lost all of the people she loved in her family (father, mother & brother), which naturaly this stripped her of anyone she could depend on; or as in the way she did anyway.

Its true that Satoko must have gathered a tremendous huge amount of mental strenght to live out each day after Satoshi went away.., and adding to what happened to her parents and how they where so punished for they're choice.., Satoko realy must have struggled each day just to see it come to and end and await the next.

All of this made her the Satoko we saw in the present time, cooking for Keiichi and all.., she had no longer become dependant on anyone nor was she crying all the time for such small things as she did.
And all of this happened in the time-spam of 1 year so.., it definitly was a tremendous change in caracter for her.

Never the less.., what drives her on.., and this we got to see while witnessing Keiichi's and doctor Irei's conversation in Tatarigoroshi-hen... Its Satoshi.

Satoko now herself feels that she realy was a burden to her Nii-nii, that she depended too much on him.., and in her own mind, that was why Satoshi left her all lone and went away.
So.., in order for Satoshi to return, she feels that she must gather strenght and endure all the tests she can as to prove herself that she is no longer so much dependable on those she loved.
And she belives this so blindly that like we saw in Tatarigoroshi-hen.., she would refuse and would not admit the abuse that her Uncle was submiting her too.., for doing that would mean she lost and Satoshi would not return to her.

So, given all of this probably that "incident" between her and Shion(passing as Mion) is probably so irrelevant that she by chances forgot about it.., or in fact.., after Satoshi's dissapearence.., she viewed Shion's words as in the reasons why he realy left; which would explain why she then blamed herself so much.

All and all we also saw Mion talking over the phone to Shion after that incident.., and in which Mion said something like "it will be allright"..; thus probably Mion herself then found some excuse or apologised to Satoko for what had happened and they became "more" friends after that.

Which then adding all that happened to Satoko.., its natural that she ended up good friends with Mion as we saw.., for she had been through so much, that surely Mion had conforted her many times.
Mion is in fact a good person at heart.

But all and all I stress that the main reason why Satoko went to the Sonozaki House that day was because Rika was there aswell, and as she was told.., was having dinner there and would like her to join them.
Not taking away the fact that Satoko and Mion where indeed good friends now.., if Rika had not been there Satoko would probably not have gone over that night.

This is just my point of view on this.., like I said.., someone who has played the game can probably answer you better