View Single Post
Old 2018-11-12, 05:15   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just saw it last weekend and it's.........decent. It's not bad enough to be offensive to the original work (or offend most of the fans), but it's also not good enough to be put among the great animanga live-action adaptations like Rurouni Kenshin, Yatterman, Blade of the Immortal, etc. The direction is rather bland and the cinematography is weak, but the sword-fight choreo between Ichigo & Renji is quite good. The hollows look good too. The actors gave it their all and many of them work considering what they were given. But maybe the one playing Rukia is a little bit too stiff. I know Rukia isn't the most flexible person early in the story, but there's something stiffer about the actress' portrayal here.

I'm just disappointed that the adaptation practically abandoned parts of the first Karakura Arc where Chad & Orihime get deeper development. Orihime doesn't even get to talk about her brother at all. Ori was just there in few scenes worrying about Ichigo while Chad gets to help very very little.

Since the movie is required to be judged on its own, I have some questions:
Spoiler time:
Spoiler for plot points: