View Single Post
Old 2018-10-01, 23:53   Link #29
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
My point is, if NUNs did this by force and without offering any sort of compensation, then I can totally understand why Windermere went to war. Losing this stuff must have been a pretty heavy blow to Windermere's economy after all.
The only counter argument for this I can even think of in relation to the movie (because this is really off-topic now) is if N.U.N.S' corrupt militia feels possessive over so-called owning Windermere. If so, then it's possible the corrupt N.U.N.S will do all in their power to force Windermere down and into their original agreement while telling the main base of operations back on Earth nothing or flat out lying.

Corrupt N.U.N.S units: "Oh, Windermere? We negotiated, everything's fine."
Earth: "Are you sure?"
Windermere: ...Yes.
Earth: "Okay. Keep us posted."

It's an interesting idea for a movie plot, especially since it wouldn't be the first time N.U.N.S, as an organization, had misinformation spread to them in the franchise. I remember vividly that Frontier did not send any information of the Vajra prior to their S.O.S. around the end of the series and I don't believe anyone in N.U.N.S either received their message or cared until Vajra folded to the other planets.

I'm basically saying: I don't think it will be a plot point but it would be interesting, especially to look into N.U.N.S as an organization outside of side materials. Because up until now, it's been a touchy subject no one likes to talk about in-universe. Although, in Frontier, Alto was really testy about joining the military, specifically N.U.N.S (he gave Catherine an ear full on his distaste early on), so it's likely this has been an ongoing problem in-universe (not side materials) that only Delta has seen the worst of on-screen so far.

So if it'll be a plot point, I'll be interested in how it'll play out if Hayate's dad will still be a plot point as well.

I guess I'll wait and see when trailers are coming out...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote