View Single Post
Old 2018-09-24, 03:53   Link #6
HirouKeimou

Amazingly, I'm unbiased.

Two things are concerning me about this movie right now:
1) Will we be receiving answers to all the questions regarding Lady M? And when will this movie pick up? After all, the series concluded where this latest movie ended... so geopolitical stuff is coming, I guess?
2) What will be our enemy this time? Because Windermere is now entering peace talks so unless someone blows up their planet again or something, they're likely not the focus (in any form) of the movie. So it begs a question of who or what will be their enemy going forward?

Also, albeit smaller concern for this bit: The love triangle.
Basically it's been concluded as far as I could tell. I'm a little worried it'll be like SDF-1 to Macross 7, wherein Max and Millia divorced in order to build drama (let's not pretend they didn't belong together, okay?). And I'm not positive it'll be a good idea to split Hayate and Freyja for drama especially if it'll downplay Mirage's character again, or worse... ruin it. Unless Mirage will be gaining a love interest? Or vise versa...? It's a smaller concern but one I feel is odd for Macross; normally the love triangle is the last thing resolved so this does feel a bit weird... right?

Anyway, at least it doesn't come out on Blu-Ray till like 2020 so my wallet won't suffer like it did during the last movie ($80 for a recap movie is insane; next time I'll save my money and buy Banana Fish volumes).
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote