View Single Post
Old 2018-09-12, 21:33   Link #12
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I complained before about how it never made any sense for someone as single minded as him to waver so easily when he had to fight Annie, and it doesn't make any more sense now than it did then.
At that point in the story he hadn't associated Titans with humans nevermind humans he knew..cared about and thought he was fighting for...Even once he realized its a human inside he was cool with killing that Titan because the Titan was the enemy...Annie conflicted that...He was also (perhaps still is) in a mode where he hadn't quite figured out how to easily transform...Realizing he had to fight someone he knew and cared about gave him doubt and without raging-out, transforming aint easy for him...

As for the rest...

The mental and physical stress it must take to watch so many people close to you be devoured...Be devoured yourself...Find out you're a Titan...Figure out how to transform, etc, etc., etc.,... The ebb and flow of that has to encompass a mental strain I don't think we are all appreciating...Totally get why someone would want to give up...

Rod Reiss knew of many of these dilemmas his entire life and finally went a little batshit in the end and he was never a Titan (until that licketysplit moment)...

While it is annoying in a pure sense (Everybody hates Shinji from EVA and Shinn from Gundam Seed Destiny because they just won't do what we want them to do and grow past their frustrations), but in Eren's case the meta-physical toll, plus the ups and downs in-terms of false answers, and even worse, false memories...I understand why he cried his guts out...

I too want him to push through but that's the shonen kid in me that's been conditioned to think every main male character should just be able to do this...

On a another note...I don't know if it was discussed, but they were able to crack Eren out of the crystal shell after he saved them with the armor...It had already been shown that OGM slicers CANT DO THAT...So I was on some WTF type $hit with that...That's super inconsistent...