View Single Post
Old 2018-09-10, 16:37   Link #6
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ I completely disagree.
Okay, I accept that Eren's breakdown does make sense in itself. It's just I'm finding it difficult to see what the point of it is in the grander scheme of things. What exactly is Eren going to gain from this character-wise? It's not like he was lacking any resolve to begin with. I thought he was really cool throughout most of the first season but I just feel like we're always going one step forward and two steps back when it comes his characterisation.

Maybe Eren gaining the ability to harden was meant to be the reward or something? I guess maybe they were trying to show that what Eren did required a considerable degree of skill and effort but honestly the scene just made it look like it was mostly the conveniently placed bottle of drugs that did it. And I didn't even realise that was a thing he was aiming for in the first place. Is that what they were experimenting when his face nearly came off? It was such a throw away scene that I didn't even think twice about it.

Maybe Eren will have a another big moment when he (presumably) fights the Rod Reiss Titan but even then I'm still not sure what the net gain would be.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-09-10 at 16:53.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote