View Single Post
Old 2018-08-11, 10:37   Link #10
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaamahahmed101 View Post
Is there any relationship developing(romance?) between mayumi and juumonji now?
Quote:
Well...Satou may be teasing a Katsuto and Mayumi ship...but that's about it (Satou is a tease master). Its been hinted that he's felt something for her..but she's never seen him as a potential partner. The illustrations are nice though. Seems more like a one sided thing if anything.
It depends on the context more than anything.
During the bath scene with Tatsuya and Miyuki a few volumes ago, i was certain their relationship would deepen but instead the situation was more comedic and if anything, shows Tatsuya is uncomfortable with Miyuki's advances and wants to avoid them.

Still, that one image finally gave legitimacy between Katsuo and Mayumi. Before i had no idea where anyone got the idea they would be a couple since, story wise, Mayumi and Tatsuya have more chemistry in their interactions and had the rumors about them when Mayumi was still in high school would make her lose her cool. And any suggestions of them being a couple (like the student who debated her in vol 5 i think) or being married (From Minami suggesting that if they got married then Miyuki would become Izumi's "Onee-Sama") just made her lose her composure.
Then she went to college and aside from a few minor rumors about her and Katsuo that neither really cared for, there wasn't a lot to suggest any interest or romance in their relationship. Hell, when Mayumi was in a cafe watching all the 'lovey dovey couples', she became annoyed since she also wanted that. Then Katsuo arrived and all thoughts of love or romance disappeared in an instant and they got straight to business.
The only thing to suggest a romance we had at the time where that Katsuo as a candidate for her marriage partner, the two laughing at Mayumi's comment of her father being a sly fox (or Tanuki?), and the LOST ZERO art that usually paired them together which had nothing to do with the story.
Aside from that, their talks and interactions where too basic and civil to suggest much.

It really depends on how they interact in the Hospital when the sisters (Mayumi too i think) are telling Tatsuya about their fight with Minoru, and if there Katsuo is there, or if the story suggests Katsuo or Mayumi are too worried about the other and show a lot more caring than usual, or if they simply move on as if one friend saved another and nothing else.

If the story does go for Mayumi and Katsuo then, story wise, the author will still have to undo all of Mayumi's feelings for Tatsuya to make it a bit more legit because for all her developing moments for falling for Tatsuya such as her bath scene where she thinks about Tatsuya so much her body heat make the hot water cold, her bikini pic where Tatsuya accidentally see's her in the cliche "accidental Perv" (although in this series it legitimately accidental) manner, Mari confronting her about her feelings for Tatsuya, Mayumi being drunk with a love heart around Tatsuya, and the umbrella scene.
For all that undone by 1 image and scenario seems pretty cheap and lazy. And Mahouka is way too detailed and advanced (especially when it comes to details like in the magic) to be cheap and lazy.

if Mayumi ends up being thankful and bashful afterwards then they could work.
Its unlikely Katsuo would be the bashful one. But then its hard to tell if he even has a loving side. And even if he does, I get the feeling that even if he does like Mayumi, he's willing to let her be with someone that makes her happy, which is probobly why he had no problem suggesting Tatsuya marry her in the 9 school competition. But emotionally, the mans more closed off than Tatsuya.

unless i know the details of Mayumi's and Katsuo's reactions after the events of the image happened and anything to suggest their friendship could change, The same image that gives their pairing legitimacy may also doom it.

Because lets face it, if a scene like that doesn't blossom any romantic interest between them, then what will?
If Mayumi is thankful and the two just continue their friendship as it has been, then the image just furthers the proof that the 2 just don't have that spark for love.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote