View Single Post
Old 2018-05-11, 03:38   Link #57
Wheeljack83

The manga is readable enough that I will keep going for now. It just seems like your basic fantasy world OP protagonist power fantasy trip. Protagonist is hard-luck urchin granted with special power that makes him nigh-invincible.

Not sure if the light novels do it much better but the world building in the manga is very weak. It just feels very patchwork. Some of this here and a little there. Everyone has skills, levels, and stats. Everyone has a personal menu screen they can pull up.

How is this possible? What caused the world to become like this? Is there any more insight in the light novels?

Fate. My issue with Fate is that we know nothing about him other than that his name is Fate, he gets abused by the other knights, and his only job is to sometimes guard the gate. That's it. We don't learn anything else about him other than that he stumbles on this hidden unlock power.

I do kind of like Greed, as cheap as it sort of was the main character just finding him in a trash pile.

Did you really have to name the main character Fate? Couldn't you at least give him a last name?
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote