View Single Post
Old 2018-05-04, 11:22   Link #1963
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
For the most part Invisible Victory seems to be sticking pretty close to its source material. However the scene at the end of Episode 3 differs significantly from its novel counterpart. In the novel Kaname lashes out at Sousuke and insists they should just surrender because there's no way to save everyone otherwise, but in the anime she puts her faith in him and the scene becomes an affirmation of their relationship.

I find that to be a very interesting change. It's possible that it was done because of the limitations of the anime format (run time, not knowing what characters are thinking), or because the anime adaptation is skipping DVMC and the relationship development that occurred in that volume. But I also wonder if maybe Gatoh thought that having Kaname lash out at Sousuke the way she did in the novel was a mistake.
No, I guess rather than "a mistake", and combining with what happened in Episode 4 (there're new segments about her), they're trying to lay down Chidori's increasing knowledge towards Black Technology, for the plot development/reveal later on.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote