View Single Post
Old 2018-01-05, 03:19   Link #47
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't actually watch a lot of Sports anime but I don't mind giving them a pass for being too male-centric (or even female-centric) when it makes in-universe. I can't think of a single sport that's mixed gender.

But here there's nothing about going to Antarctica that necessitates an all female group, imo.
I mean, yeah, but groups of close friends in that age range being gender-homogeneous aren't that weird. So in itself I don't see it as a problem. It's part of the premise. I'm not repelled by "ZOMG THIS SHOW HAS CUTE GIRLS IN IT". I think most CGDCT shows end up being quite vapid, but that's their problem, and the fact that they focus on empty repetitive shenanigans. Here there's already a progression outline, a hard to obtain target, character motivations and the possibility for an arc. It's far more than what happens when you get five moeblobs gathering for the N-th "technically has an objective but actually does nothing" club.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote