View Single Post
Old 2018-01-04, 16:21   Link #37
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Girls und Panzer would definitely fall under that category... in general, I think you could viably describe it as a cross-over between CGDCT and a sports anime (except the sport is made up - but still very well thought-out).
I think CGDDT (if we're making that distinction) does borrow a lot from Sports anime/manga because it's their only point of reference that is tried, tested and true. I remember Sound Euphonium making a fair few allusions as well.

Quote:
And BTW in a lot of occasions sports anime ARE like that, except for boys. I've been watching Haikyuu, there's a couple of support female characters, one of which might be a love interest for the MC, but it's all very much on the sidelines. The focus is squarely on the sport, manly friendships, manly rivalries, and manly sexual tension .
I don't actually watch a lot of Sports anime but I don't mind giving them a pass for being too male-centric (or even female-centric) when it makes in-universe. I can't think of a single sport that's mixed gender.

But here there's nothing about going to Antarctica that necessitates an all female group, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Hanasaku Iroha would be the best example of great mix of CGDCT and straight romance
Need more of that
I'd also classify that as more of a moderate CGDDT (again, if we're making that distinction).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote