View Single Post
Old 2017-11-29, 23:28   Link #751
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Many advantages indeed and I'm very excited about all the eText options and the ongoing expansion of catalogues. So its great to know you have good experiences with ebookjapan.

The issue of content disappearing is something I've experienced and that experience makes me a little weary. Dropping a physical book in the sink with the dishes will ruin it. Lending a magazine to someone may be the last time I'll see that issue of it and misplacing printed matter or storing them where they're forgotten or accessible by bugs and sunlight is just another thing that can go wrong with books in print but ...

Companies going out of business will not wipe out the physical books I bought from them. A contract not being renewed will not result in the erasure of a first edition as it did with a back-up copy from the original publisher being removed from cloud storage with the release of the new version by a different publishing company.
Transparent file systems with easy to understand naming conventions and disclosed file locations make creating and maintaining back-ups easier.

Thanks for your feedback and for putting the image of your collection back up.

What I'm looking for is Chihayafuru in eText or print in languages other than Japanese - released under a global license for such eBooks but also methods available to others so they too can get their hands on an original series like that. Really like all the developments in that regard and hope for even wider accessibility and ease of use...

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-11-29 at 23:39.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote