View Single Post
Old 2017-09-15, 08:18   Link #69
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
No bloody way!
I deleted my post because I was informed that the actual rights still only expire in 2022.

But this case just increases the odds of the rights actually expiring.
Quote:

Relief Granted in favor of Respondent

a. Claimant's right to use the Programs for production and/or exploitation of new works expires on March 14, 2021 along with any extant sublicenses as all rights to the Programs revert back to Respondent at that time.

b. Upon expiration of the term of the Operative Agreements, the Claimant no longer has any right to use or exploit derivative works produced during the term, which contain portions of the Programs, as rights to the Programs revert back to Respondent at that time.

c. Claimant has no permanent, exclusive, and irrevocable copyright and trademark rights in the Programs as same shall belong to Respondent on expiration of the term in 2021;

d. Upon expiration of the term, Respondent shall have the right and option to disaffirm/cancel any existing licenses, assignments and/or other agreements extending beyond the term as may have been entered into by Claimant with others granting any rights in and to the Programs;

e. Claimant is to pay to Respondent the sum of $42,543 as a result of the audit subject to any remaining proper offset rights due to the Big West legal fee expenditure.
Basically, it made sure that everything ends after 2020 and Harmony Gold would not be able to argue otherwise.