View Single Post
Old 2006-07-08, 07:48   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I thought the series ended pretty well.

The only real problem I have with ZZ is one that I'm sure we can all agree with: Moon Moon. Seriously, that arc was just "WTF??!!".

Everything else...well, most of everything else....was just fine with me, and I even liked how the beginning episodes were lighthearted and comedic. Although it certainly got a bit too comedic and lighthearted, and even some "WTF??!!", at times :

That guy eating an orange (or whatever it was) while the rest of the docking bay was in chaos in episode 1, when Yazan, Judau, and co. "attacked." If I were that guy on the phone next to him, I'd have beaten him upside the head with the nearest blunt object I could find.

Mashima treasuring the rose he got from Haman: perfectly fine. Spraying it with a preserving solution: ok. Worshipping the flower and kneeling before it: somebody drag this guy onto the street and shoot him. Please. It'll do everyone some good. Thankfully that was only one scene, so I didn't actually get to hate his character. Just the flower-worshipping.

Those three pilots with the smokescreen tactic. They had some pretty good skills, what being able to draw that rose in the sky with the colored smoke (that stuff isn't easy to pull off), but never realized they'd be blocking their own view of the enemy with the smoke. WTF??!!

Yazan in episode 1: his usual self. After episode 1: wth happened to him? Final episode he appeared: he regained his wrathful self, but did he survive or what???

Chara: in the earlier parts of the series, I would understand her looniness if she had been mentally altered to bring out her Newtype abilities, but there's no evidence that she had any mental modifications back then.

Anyway, there's my two cents.