View Single Post
Old 2017-06-28, 06:42   Link #81
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why did you quote my post in your post #70 and say all those things to me, exactly? I already know all of that I and I agree with you. I also mentioned that Ddraig once said that while Vritra was a troublesome opponent for him due to his versatility, he could still beat him if he tried. I also know already that with Ddraig being a Heavenly Dragon and Vritra being a Dragon King, the former is of course much more powerful. I never even doubted that, so I don't know why you're saying that to me.

And we all have the Ise vs. Saji fight from the previous Gremory vs. Sitri match to take into account here, don't we? There, too, even though Ise managed to beat Saji, not only was it a hard fight for him but he'd also taken attacks that had lasting effects and ended up making him ultimately retire from the match after a while. Like the one Absorption Line sucking his blood, or the one sucked his power out. He can't afford to fall victim to these kinds of attacks when fighting Saji this time, though, since this time he's the King of his team and if he retires, his whole team loses. And there's every chance that if he isn't careful while fighting Saji, even if he wins that fight, he could still end up losing the whole match as a result of careless.

As for why Vritra doesn't have Breakdown the Beast. Yes, sure, his soul was split up into separate Sacred Gears, but those Sacred Gears are now one. They were all reunited thanks to Grigori's efforts. That was why Vrtira's consciousness awakened. But notice that the reason it's impossible for Saji to awaken Breakdown the Beast is more due to the fact that Balance Breaker already has Vritra's full power, and plus, their souls and minds become one in that form. Vritra's original, full power is already released in Balance Breaker. With that, there's no room for Breakdown the Beast because a release of the sealed beast's full power is exactly what Breakdown the Beast is supposed to be for.

Also, Lucidrago, in this case, Ddraig and Vritra can be seen as rivals from how Ddraig accepted Vritra's challenge. Look at their quotes in the preview. Do those look to you like things people who aren't rivals would say to each other? Also, don't forget that Ise and Saji are also rivals.

@Tbolt: I'm with Lucidrago on the point of Sona having a way around DxD G mode if Ise were to use it. You really shouldn't put it past her given how smart she is and how good she is at tactics. She also managed to use Ise better than Rias back in Kyoto while Rias was away and she had to command both the Sitri and Gremory groups by herself. Don't underestimate Sona's brain.

@Sparda4: I don't think Ise should use DxD G mode against Saji. For one thing, it'd be overkill and Ise would do a complete curbstomp - it wouldn't even be a fight. For another, if he did use it, and Sona has countermeasures planned against it or against him being exhausted after using it, he'd be in really big trouble. I know Lucidrago also said this, but I also wanted to say it. Just to make a point.